News And Events
Alumnae/i Days 2013 Photo Gallery
Seminary Hosts Pittsburgh Pastoral Care Conference
PTS Receives Grant for Worship Renewal Project
Series Explores the Idea of Spiritual But Not Religious
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary Names Assistant Professor of Homiletics
PTS Welcomes Associate Professor of Leadership and Ministry
Meet our Faculty and Staff in Your Area
The Admission Process
Applications are considered by the Admissions and Standings Committee upon submission of the following materials:
- A formal application including names and addresses of references.
- Official transcripts of all college and university work attempted.
- A 500-1000 word statement describing the applicant's religious background, sense of call, and reasons for seeking theological education.
- A personal interview with the Director of Admissions or person designated by the Director.
- A letter of reference from the applicant's local church.
- A non-refundable $35 application fee.
At the discretion of the Committee, an applicant may be required to undergo a battery of psychological and/or mental capacity tests. Such testing is utilized only when it is believed that the results will clarify ambiguities in the student's academic record or in the applicant's fitness for ministry.
After admission is granted, a student is required to submit an Intent to Enroll Form and $50 fee within thirty days. This assures a student's place in the next entering class. This fee is not refundable but is credited to the student's account upon enrollment. Click here to request an application packet.