News And Events
Helen Blier Appointed Director of Continuing Education
CE Program Recognized in National Study
PTS Honors Three Retiring Faculty Members
Professor Andrew Purves Receives Honorary Degree
Paula Cooper Receives Calian Prize for Community Service
Graduates Receive Awards During Commencement
PTS Welcomes New Board Members
Meet our Faculty and Staff in Your Area
How to Apply
Applications for Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, and Master of Sacred Theology degrees are considered by the Admissions and Standings Committee upon submission of the following materials:
- Formal Application
- Application Fee: $50 nonrefundable
- Official Transcripts of all college and university work attempted
- Personal Statement: minimum of 1,000 words. This narrative may describe yourself and your gifts for ministry, your educational and/or religious background, and should place particular emphasis upon your vocational plans and reasons for applying to PTS.
- Personal Interview
- Three References
- Background Check, file online at www.certifiedbackground.com, or call 1-888-666-7788 for more information. The package code is pi66.
- M.Div. applicants will also need to submit a Church Endorsement.
- S.T.M. students will need to submit a Thesis Proposal of 3-5 pages and a writing sample of 10-15 pages that demonstrates the applicant's ability in scholarship and written English.
After admission is granted, a student is required to submit an" Intent to Enroll Form" and a $50 fee within 30 days. This assures a place in the next entering class. This fee is nonrefundable but is credited to the student's account upon enrollment.
Applications for international study are welcome for the following areas:
- Non-Degree Study - one year non degree, bachelor's degree required
- Master of Arts - one year degree, B.Th. or B.D. required
- Master of Sacred Theology - one year degree, Master of Divinity required
Doctor of Ministry Degree
Applications for the Doctor of Ministry degree are submitted to the director of the Doctor of Ministry Program. A Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school is required for admission to the program. Applicants are also expected to have completed a minimum of three years in ministry following the receipt of the Master of Divinity. Read more about applying to the Doctor of Ministry Program.