Pittsburgh Theological Seminary was founded in 1794.
It is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
The Rev. Dr. William J. Carl III is the Seminary’s fifth president and professor of homiletics. Before coming to PTS he served as pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Dallas, Texas, for 22 years.
The Seminary is located on a beautiful 13-acre campus in the East Liberty/ Highland Park section of the city of Pittsburgh.
The Barbour Library is the largest theological library in the three state region, offering more than 300,000 volumes for research and exploration.
Twenty-four full-time faculty members provide a low student/faculty ratio.
During their Middler year, students in the M.Div. program participate in Field Education in a variety of settings including churches (urban, suburban, and rural), hospitals, and other nonprofits and special agencies.
Resident students live in one of the four apartment buildings or the residence hall. Apartments range in size from efficiency to four bedroom.