Pittsburgh Theological Seminary

PTS Installs Professor of Church History

Pittsburgh Theological Seminary professor the Rev. Dr. John E. Wilson will be installed as the P.C. Rossin Professor of Church History Tues., Nov. 10.

Wilson has taught at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary since 1984. In his teaching he focuses mainly on modern church history (since the Reformation). Before coming to Pittsburgh he was Privatdozent for church history at the University of Basel and a pastor in the Swiss Reformed Church (1972-1984). Wilson’s research interests focus in the area of 19th century religious thought, especially hermeneutics. His most recent publication is Introduction to Modern Theology: Trajectories in the German Tradition (WJK, 2007). He is married and has three adult children.

The P.C. Rossin Chair is named in honor of Peter C. Rossin who served as the chairperson and CEO of Dynamet Inc. Rossin affirmed his concern for the moral and literary fiber of America through his personal benevolence. His widow, Ada, continues to be motivated by an ongoing concern for the effective education of our younger generation.

Pittsburgh Theological Seminary is a graduate professional institution of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A). Founded in 1794, the Seminary is located in Pittsburgh, Pa. and approximately 340 students are enrolled yearly in the degree programs. The Seminary prepares leaders who proclaim with great joy God’s message of good news in both word and deed. PTS is rooted in the Reformed history of faithfulness to Scripture and commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

###