Borrowing and Patron Information
Borrowing Periods (Faculty / Staff / All Reciprocal)
- Books - 4 weeks (year-end return is June 1)
- Video (VHS/DVD) - 2 weeks
- Audio (Cassette/Records/CD) - 2 weeks
- Slides - 4 weeks
- F.E.R. Materials - 4 weeks
- Reserves - Varies (2-Hour, 1 Day, 3 Days, and 7 Days)
- Periodicals and Reference - non-circulating
Maximum Number of Items and Audio Visual (AV)
- Current PTS Students - 50 (10 AV)
- PTS Faculty / Staff - N/A (10 AV)
- Ph.D. Students - 100 (10 AV)
- Alumni & Fee-Paid Borrowers - 10 (2 AV)
- Reciprocal Faculty & Graduate - 10 (2 AV)
- Reciprocal Undergraduate - 3 (0 AV)
- $0.25 item per day
- 2-Hour Reserves - $0.25 per hour
- Daily Reserves - $1.00 per day
Lost or Stolen Materials
- In-Print = Actual Cost of Book plus $20.00 processing fee
- Out-of-Print = Minimum $40.00 plus $20.00 processing fee
- During normal hours, drop-off materials at the Circulation Desk
- After hours, drop-off materials in the Book Drop just outside the entrance
Barbour Library welcomes students and faculty from our reciprocal borrowing partner institutions (see below). Visitors from these institutions can receive limited borrowing privileges at Barbour Library. Requests for borrowing privileges must be made in-person at the Circulation Desk. A completed and signed Reciprocal Borrower Form, Drivers License, and valid campus, university, or institution ID is required.
All library policies and campus rules must be followed. A reciprocal borrowing card will be issued and is to be retained and used by the specified borrower only.
See above for Borrowing Periods, Item, and Fines information.
> Byzantine Catholic Seminary of SS. Cyril and Methodist
> Duquesne University
> Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary (RPTS)
> Trinity School for Ministry
> University of Pittsburgh
Library staff reserves the right to reject or revoke borrowing privileges at any time for any legitimate reason. These policies are revisited regularly and may be updated without notification.