News And Events
Alumnae/i Days 2013 Photo Gallery
Seminary Hosts Pittsburgh Pastoral Care Conference
PTS Receives Grant for Worship Renewal Project
Series Explores the Idea of Spiritual But Not Religious
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary Names Assistant Professor of Homiletics
PTS Welcomes Associate Professor of Leadership and Ministry
Meet our Faculty and Staff in Your Area
Persons applying to the Pneuma program should have:
- normally a bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience
- some biblical and theological background.
- completed the full Ignatian Spiritual Exercises (either in the 30-day format or in the extended everyday life format) or are preparing to begin them by Spring 2013.
- received ongoing spiritual direction for nine consecutive months.
- a demonstrated capacity for self awareness and critical reflection on the intersection of faith with one’s life and ministry;
- support of one’s faith community and indications of being called by others to this ministry;
- have experienced a silent directed retreat of at least three days (this requirement can be fulfilled while in the program and is required for the certificate); and,
- a willingness to engage in ongoing vocational discernment.
Applicants to the Pneuma program can download the application packet which includes application instructions, application forms, and forms for requesting references. In addition, applicants provide copies of transcripts from all academic institutions and include a written personal narrative with their application form. Please note, you should NOT use the orange "Apply Now" button in the upper right corner of the screen. This link is reserved for degree program applicants.
Application Packet .pdf (including references) This PDF can be printed and then mailed to the address on the first page of the application.
Application Packet .doc (including references) This Microsoft Word document can be printed and then mailed to the address on the first page of the application.
References Only.doc This Microsoft Word document can be printed and then mailed to the address on the first page of the application.
When all materials have been received, the Pneuma Admissions Committee will evaluate applications and select applicants to be invited for interviews with members of the Admissions Committee. Applicants will be notified of the decision regarding their acceptance after all materials have been reviewed by the Committee and after completion of the interview. Early application is strongly recommended.